Sometimes, things aren’t what they seem to be. In Nature: All Rights Reserved, we discover different examples of fake nature. Sometimes, fake nature looks just like the real thing. Untill you zoom in and see the pixels of the actual print. The same goes for the music and sound design in this film. It is all a matter of perspective.
We aimed for different textures and flavours of sound design and music, because every chapter in the film has it’s own story and style. For example, the chapter about digital ways of simulating nature has a more digital, synthesized feel in sound.
What is real, and what is not? Listen closely.
Nature: All Rights Reserved
Nature: All Rights Reserved is a short experimental documentary that examines the role of simulated nature in our society. How can this simulated nature satisfy the needs of people living in the city and could it ever replace real nature?
Director: Sebastian Mulder
DoP: Maxime Brun
Editor: Wouter Hoek
Color grading: Goos van den Berg
Music & Sound design: Elephant Ears
Studio: Studio Bart Jilesen
- Buma Music in Motion New Talent award 2017
- Go Short Best student film 2017 at Go Short International Short Film Festival Nijmegen
- Best documentary award 2017 at Original Narrative Film Festival in Dubai
- Award for most courageous, artistically and socially ambitious film at dokumentART film festival Germany 2017
- Best Documentary Jury Award & Audience Award at ForadCamp, Cinema and Nature Exhibition, Italy 2017
- DOK Award at Landshut Short Film Festival, Germany2018
- Best Documentary Award at Festival Rencontres Cinema-Nature, France 2018
- EFF 2017 Best sound design award
- NFF 2016 Dioraphte award for best director